Can 200,000 People Change the World? The Great Success of the ‘Equal in Diversity’ Campaign
Two hundred thousand people interested in diversity at school, more than ten projects completed as part of the campaign for parents, students, teachers and specialists working at schools and the enrolment of fifteen partners gives us, the organisers of the campaign, a feeling of a joint job well done.
- 05/09 The ‘First Parent-Teacher Conference’ initiative.We provided parents with useful information about the rights of children with special educational needs and helped them prepare for the first parent-teacher conference in this school year. - more
- 06/09 The campaign’s website was launched. It contained a video with our mission statement, featuring theatre and TV actress from Krakow Marta Bizoń. More info at - more
- after 06/09 Media reports started appearing about the campaign in the newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza, in Radio Krakow, on the websites Interia and Wiadomości24.pl and on our partners' websites.
- 13/09 We began collecting stories and subjects for a children’s guidebook called ‘High Five a Friend Without a Hand’- more
- 16/09 We published the‘Why Are We All Different?’ lesson plan as part of the free lesson plan service provided by the Children’s University Foundation.
- 13/10 Workshops for teachers working with children with special educational needs began, entitled ‘Method and Means of Working with Children with Special Educational Needs’. The workshops were held in collaboration with the Kangur Private In-Service Teacher Training Centre in Krakow between October and November. - read the report fromthe workshops
- 15/10 The DrOmnibus magazine for teachers was launched. The quarterly offers lesson plans and advice for teachers working with children with behavioural and developmental disorders. -see how to subscribe to the magazine
- 28/10 In collaboration with the Association of Communes and Districts in Lesser Poland, we held a seminar for the local education authorities in the Lesser Poland Voivodeship about teaching children with special educational needs.- see the Facebook entry
- Oct–Nov During October and November, the employees of the Psychological and Pedagogical Clinic in Żnin (near Bydgoszcz), led by Karina Mróz-Owczarzak, have carried out the ‘Why Are We All Different’ lesson plan in 14 schools, for a total of 47 classes and 780 students. Congratulations! read the report
- 22/11 At the Inclusive School Complex No. 7 in Krakow, 21 teachers carried out our lesson plan in one day as part of the tolerance week. Over 400 students learned about diversity at the same time. - zobacz zdjęcia na Facebook'u
- 25/11 The finishing touch of the campaign was a conference for primary school teachers who work with children with special educational needs, held in Gdańsk. - view the report and pgotos
- 30.11 We shared the ‘High Five’ guidebook for children with our partners and on our social media.-Feel free to download the guidebook and share it with others!
All the events in the campaign were a challenge that we took on enthusiastically and with support from partners and users, who all rooted for us. The campaign resulted in valuable projects that aid the education and therapy of children with behavioural, developmental and physical disorders on a daily basis. What’s more, we’ve built friendly relationships with the educational environment and our partners, as well as personal relationships with the children, parents and teachers engaged in the campaign. Richer in experience and knowledge, we’re already planning a new edition of the campaign.
BETT in London – the next edition of the exhibition with Eduexpert
Ladies and gentlemen, The next edition of the prestigious educational technology exhibition will take place
Equip your science lab with Eduexpert!
Eduexpert products are dedicated not only to preschool education and the first 3 years of elementary education
Maths in use – first steps – maths and English for the youngest within your reach!
Do you work in a preschool in Poland or abroad? Do you want to introduce your 5-6 year olds to the basics of m
BETT 2019 education fairs
"Maths in use - first steps" is going to London again! This time you can meet us on January 23 - 25 during t